Recipe by ROV Chef
I have been using this recipe for a year or so, and it tastes great. Makes chili taste like chili and is awsome in mexican cooking. Often times I can't find all the dried chiles listed here, so I'll just mix and match, but keeping the ratio roughly the same.
- 3 ancho chilies, stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 3 cascabel chiles, stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 3 dried arbol chiles, stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons whole cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the chiles and cumin seeds in a cast iron skillet for a few minutes. Don't let them cook too long and inhale the smoke, because you'll get a nasty chemical burn in lungs, nose and throat.
- let the chiles and seeds cool.
- place all the ingredients into a blender and blend on the highest speed you blender can dish out.
- store in an airtight jar.
- be sure to wash you blender carafe a few times after doing this or you fruit smoothy or margarita will taste like chiles.