5 hrs 35 mins
I love Alton brown and I love chicken Kiev so I knew when I saw this recipe I had to have it! It is truly amazing and a good thing to serve at a dinner party
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 large whole eggs, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs, plus
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1Combine butter, parsley, tarragon, chives,1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in the bowl of a stand mixer. Place mixture on plastic wrap or waxed paper and roll into small log; place in freezer.
- 2Place chicken breasts, 1 at a time, between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Squirt chicken lightly with water and squirt the top of the plastic wrap as well. Pound to no less than 1/8-inch thickness. Season each piece of chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3Lay 1 chicken breast on a new piece of plastic wrap and place 1/4 of the compound butter and 1 tablespoon bread crumbs in the center of each breast. Using the plastic wrap to assist, fold in ends of breast and roll breast into a log, completely enclosing the butter; roll very tightly. Repeat with each breast. Place chicken in refrigerator for 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- 4Place egg and water mixture in 1 pie pan and 2 cups bread crumbs in a different pie pan.
- 5Heat 1/2-inch of vegetable oil in a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat until oil reaches 375 degrees F.
- 6Dip each breast in the egg mixture and then roll in the bread crumbs. Gently place each breast in oil, sealed-side down, and cook until golden brown, approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove to a cooling rack set in sheet pan and allow to drain for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton Brown's Chicken Kiev Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 44
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 96.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g