1/2 Photos of Alton Brown's Chewy Cookies
Amy - Ellie's Mommie's Note:
This is Alton Brown's recipe for Chewy Cookies. I haven't tried it yet. I thought I'd add it here so I could have it in my cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat.
- 3Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- 4Pour the melted butter in the mixer's work bowl.
- 5Add the sugar and brown sugar.
- 6Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed.
- 7Add the egg, yolk, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- 8Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- 9Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 10Chill the dough, then scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet.
- 11Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 5 minutes.
- 12Rotate the baking sheet for even browning.
- 13Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton Brown's Chewy Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.7
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 127.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g