Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Dannon's web site.
Make and share this Alton Brown's Black & White Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces melted butter
- 1 cup sugar, sifted
- 1 cup brown sugar, sifted
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa, sifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
FOR THE TOP LAYER
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PreHeat oven to 350° F.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow.
- Add both sugars.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured eightinch square pan.
- Reserve five small spoonfuls.
- In a separate bowl, combine ingredients for the top layer.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour over top of chocolate layer.
- Top with the reserved five spoonfuls of brownie mixture and swirl together with a spoon.
- Bake for fortyfive minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Remove to a rack to cool.
- When completely cool, cover and store at room temperature.