Recipe is from my favorite chef Alton Brown. I also happen to love bananas foster, so two great things in one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a 10-inch heavy skillet over low heat.
- 2Add brown sugar, allspice and nutmeg and stir until sugar dissolves.
- 3Add banana liqueur and bring sauce to simmer.
- 4Add bananas and cook for 1 minute on each side, carefully spooning sauce over bananas as they are cooking.
- 5Remove bananas from pan to a serving dish.
- 6Bring sauce to a simmer and carefully add the rum.
- 7If the sauce is very hot, the alcohol will flame on its own.
- 8If not, using stick flame, carefully ignite and continue cooking until flame dies out, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- 9If sauce is too thin, cook for 1 to 2 minutes until it is syrupy in consistency.
- 10Immediately spoon the sauce over bananas and serve.
- 11Serve with waffles, crepes, or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton Brown's Bananas Foster
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.4
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 14.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 41.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: