This recipe comes from Alton Brown and it's the only way we have rice anymore. My servings are quite a bit smaller than his, though! You can use chicken or veggie broth in place of the water, or add herbs and spices.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Boil the water and add the butter and salt. Stir to dissolve salt and melt butter.
- Place the rice in an 8" casserole dish. Pour the boiling water mixture over the rice and stir.
- Cover with foil and bake on the middle rack for 1 hour.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
- This rice also refrigerates and reheats fairly well, but it's best freshly made.