1/2 Photos of Alton Brown’s Dairy-Free Chocolate Pie
This recipe is based on one from a Dr. Oz December 2011 episode where Chef Alton Brown was a featured guest. Alton Brown discussed how he lost 50 pounds and has kept the weight off for two years. One of his secrets is recipes like this no-bake, low-calorie chocolate pie. This satisfies your sweet tooth while substituting tofu for dairy products. Alton prefers coffee liqueur, but you can substitute just about any of your favorite liqueurs. Prep and cook times do not include the two hours chill time. This recipe is originally from Alton’s book, “Good Eats: The Early Years”. I have tweaked this to suit my preferences.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a 4-quart saucepan with enough water to come 1 inch up the sides. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 2Add chocolate chips and liqueur to a medium metal mixing bowl and set the bowl over the simmering water. Stir with a rubber or silicone spatula until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- 3Combine the tofu, chocolate mixture, and honey in a blender or food processor and spin until smooth (about 1 minute).
- 4Pour the filling evenly over the crust, smoothing the top as necessary. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling sets firm.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton Brown’s Dairy-Free Chocolate Pie
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.2
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 195.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: