Adapted from "Good Eats". We thought we would give it a try. My husband was told to try to reduce his wheat & gluten. They are SO GOOD! You wouldn't even know they were gluten free! This was my first gluten free recipe to try & I'm not nervous anymore!
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- In separate bowl, combine brown rice flour, cornstarch, tapioca flour, xnthan gum, salt & baking soda.
- In mixing bowl, pour melted butter over brown sugar & sugar. Mix together until creamed.
- Add egg & egg yolk, milk & vanilla & mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add flour and mix until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough into 1 inch balls. Bake in 375 oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool on the pans for a couple minutes. Remove from the pan to finish cooling.