Recipe by ladybug929
Bell pepper and cream of celery soup make this recipe different from most. A childhood favorite from mom :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cube steaks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large frying pan that has a lid.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in shallow bowl.
- Brown meat in hot oil.
- Remove meat and set aside.
- Combine soup, water, and sherry in blender.
- Add liquid to pan and scrape bottom.
- Add meat and the rest of the ingredients to frying pan.
- Cover and simmer for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and serve over rice.