Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the alternative form of another recipe posted on here. It is the creation of necessity. I had to make these wonderful mints that my great aunt made for my sister's wedding for my own in England. Because I couldn't find frosting sold like it is in the US, I played around to get this equally wonderful recipe. It can be made to any flavor or color. Just use your imagination and there are the candies of your dreams... melting in your mouth.
- Combine cream cheese, half and half, and butter in heavy saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until creamy and butter has melted.
- Add in food coloring and flavoring.
- You can divide the batter into different colors and flavors.
- Add around 5 cups of powdered sugar until the batter is stiff.
- Refridgerate batter well.
- Form into small balls with your hands and roll in sugar for a nice finish.
- The sugar will also allow the balls to be near each other and not get"too attached".
Recipe made very good mints. They were creamy and easy to make. One problem, they were not as firm as I would like.