Chef #340989's Note:
I altered the recipe for Vanilla-Scented Granola a little to make it less sweet and added some wheat germ for added fiber...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Position rack to middle of oven, preaheat to 300*F.
- 2Lightly spray baking pan with nonstick spray.
- 3Mix first 5 ingredients into a large bowl.
- 4combine oil, honey, and sugar into a small saucepan and simmer on medium until a little bubbly.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 6Pour warm liquid over oat mixture, stir well.
- 7Toss mixture with hands until thoroughly mixed.
- 8Spread granola in pan.
- 9Bake until golden brown for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
- 10Remove pan from oven and stir in dried cranberries if using them.
- 11Place pan on rack to cool completely.
- 12Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alternate Vanilla Granola
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.1
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 54.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 11.1 g