Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I altered the recipe for Vanilla-Scented Granola a little to make it less sweet and added some wheat germ for added fiber...
- 4 cups oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2-1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1. Position rack to middle of oven, preaheat to 300*F.
- Lightly spray baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix first 5 ingredients into a large bowl.
- combine oil, honey, and sugar into a small saucepan and simmer on medium until a little bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour warm liquid over oat mixture, stir well.
- Toss mixture with hands until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread granola in pan.
- Bake until golden brown for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and stir in dried cranberries if using them.
- Place pan on rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
I'd like to try this but there isn't any wheat germ listed. Could the poster of this recipe please fix this?