Recipe by BecR
These Alsatian style baked potatoes are so delicious served with a steak or prime rib, or any grilled meat or fish! Cream cheese with horseradish and herbs is called "Bibbelskase" and comes from the Alsace region of France (bordering Germany and Switzerland). If you don't have all of the herbs listed, simply omit or substitute with your favorite herb. Lovely served with a tossed salad and Filet Mignon Au Bordelaise - Steak in Red Wine With Shallots, or Perfect Prime Rib.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 bunch chives
- 5 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 bunch chervil
- 3 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 2 shallots (or green onions)
- creamed horseradish
- 1 lb cream cheese or 1 lb fromage blanc, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 d C), gas mark 4.
- Wash and scrub potatoes well, dry and prick each one several times with a fork. Wrap each potato in foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes or until done, depending on their size.
- Meanwhile, chop but don't mix the herbs and place in small individual dishes or ramekins. Put the creamed horseradish in a separate dish and turn the cheese into a pretty serving bowl.
- When the potatoes are done (check with a knife), remove from the oven and place in a covered basket to keep warm.
- Serve the baked potatoes with the cheese, shallots, horseradish and herbs, so that your guests can choose their own flavoring.
- Perfect with steak or prime rib, or with grilled meats or fish.
- Note: If you don't have all of the herbs listed, simply omit or you can substitute with one of your favorite herbs.