Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
This recipe is a close cousin of the famous Quiche Lorraine. The main difference is that deliciously sweet, sautéed onions replace the bacon and cheese.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped white onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Fit pastry into a deep-dish pie pan. (1 recipe pate brisee #rz.170934).
- Sauté the onions in the butter over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until they turn very soft and translucent.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle the onions onto the bottom layer of the pastry.
- Beat together the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Pour the eggs over the onions and bake the quiche for 45-50 minutes, until the eggs are set in the middle.
- Cool slightly and serve.