Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A popular party quickie - more flavorful when prepared the day ahead.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (more, if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, more if desired (optional)
- Brown ground beef in hot oil. Add onion, green pepper, and celery; cook until tender. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve on toasted buns.
DH does not care for most Sloppy Joe recipes, however, he loved this one! Easy to make and wonderful to serve when you have company. I have frozen half of it for later use and it is just as good when thawed.