Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salsa also makes an excellent topping for hamburgers, tacos, and scrambled eggs. Will keep for one week.
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes, undrained (I like the petite diced tomatoes)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined, and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- tortilla chips, to serve
- Mix all ingredients except tortilla chips. Chill, covered. Refrigerate at least a day, then let stand at room temperature for an hour or so, before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.