Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
This sauce is served most often with pasta, but pesto is very versatile and is a wonderful accompaniment to scrambled eggs or grilled chicken or fish.
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated (or a good quality Parmesan cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender container or bowl of a food processor, place basil, parsley, cheese, pine nuts, garlic, and salt. Blend or process with steel blade, until it forms a paste. With motor running, gradually add olive oil, until sauce is consistency of soft butter.
- Serve over hot pasta or with sliced fresh tomatoes.