Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been told it's the best...you decide:). Makes a wonderful sandwich and is good for those light lunches. Enjoy!
- 6 large eggs, hard cooked
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's is the best, and NOT the light variety)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites and place in separate bowls. Chop the egg whites and set aside.
- Mash the egg yolks thoroughly. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, onion, and dillweed. Salt and pepper, to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Add the chopped egg whites to the yolk mixture. Adjust seasonings.
I have never liked egg salad, but have been determined to find a good recipe. FINALLY! Used Kraft mayo (my personal fav), and celery salt instead of regular. Next time I might add a dash of paprika for color and smokiness. Bonus: Kids loved it too! Thanks so much Alan!
Best egg salad I've ever had! Only made one minor change - instead of using dried onion flakes (didn't have any), I used chopped red onion. Yummo! Thanks Alan!