Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is my husband Chili recipe.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 stalks chopped celery
- 2 whole chopped green peppers
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 8 cups water
- Brown ground beef in a skillet, drain fat off.
- In a 5 quart pot, saute onion, celery, and green pepper until tender.
- Add ground beef back in pot and add tomatoes with puree. Add water.
- Add seasonings chili pepper and garlic power, onion power, salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 hours until heated though.
- Add mushrooms and kidney beans the last 30 minutes of cooking and heat though. Serve.
- Notes: You can add hot peppers to the chili if you want to, he does. You can also add crushed tomatoes without puree, it will be more like a soup. My husband just uses crushed tomatoes with juice. This above is more thicker but still good.