Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Came across this by accident when my supplier gave me a bag of frozen spinach instead of broccoli.
- 1 kg sirloin steak (beef)
- 1⁄2 kg spinach (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 250 ml oyster sauce
- 15 ml peanut oil
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 green peppers (sliced)
- 5 ml of fresh grated ginger
- Slice the beef into thin narrow slices.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan.
- To test if the wok is hot enough drop in one small piece of onion.
- It should sizzle on contact.
- Add the onions and garlic.
- Fry for two minutes.
- Add the beef and fry for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Till the beef is just underdone.
- Add the ginger and stir.
- Add the peppers and spinach and stir well for about a minute.
- Reduce the heat to a medium heat and add the oyster sauce.
- Stir till heated through.
- Ladle off some sauce into a serving jug.
- Serve on plates of (egg) noodles.
Very nice recipe! Next time I will add cornstarch a little bit to make the sauce thicker.. Thank you for sharing!