1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Al Hunt's Note:
This has been described as very close to the Dad's cookies we all remember from our youth. I don't know about that, but if you want a flat basic cookie you can customize, this is it! Try adding rolled oats and rice crispies. Or almond butter and slivered almonds. Peanut butter and chocolate chips. This will take two large mixing bowls. If you plan to make this recipe, start by taking the butter and eggs out to warm then to room temperature. That'll take ½ to 1 hour. I use uninsulated cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk all the dry ingredients (salt, too) together in a separate bowl.
- 2Cream the butter.
- 3Add the white sugar and mix well.
- 4Add the eggs and mix well.
- 5Add the rest of the sugar (and ya, mix well).
- 6Add the two mixes together and mix well.
- 7Roll into a 1 inch ball.
- 8Drop into a small mixing bowl of brown sugar to coat the outside completely.
- 9Place on the cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees F for 14 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Al's Basic Cookie Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (1380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.5
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 83.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g