1 hr 15 mins
Chef #388126's Note:
A modified version of Glamour Magazine's "Engagement Chicken". I added more lemon and cooked it on higher heat I found it to taste better this way!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 425 degrees.
- 2Wash chicken inside and out with cold water, remove the giblets, then let the chicken drain, cavity down, in a colander until it reaches room temperature (about 15 min) Pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Poke a few holes in each lemon and microwave for 40 seconds (makes the lemons more juicy).
- 4Squeeze fresh lemon juice from 2 of the lemons all over the chicken.
- 5Prick a few more holes in the full lemons. Place these and two of the halves of the squeezed lemons inside the chicken. Place them deep inside the cavity of the chicken.
- 6(Optional) Rub butter on the bottom (not the breast side) of the chicken.
- 7Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the chicken, inside and out, and under any parts of the skin which are only loosely attached.
- 8Place the chicken BREAST-SIDE down on a rack in a roasting pan, bake for 15 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and turn it breast-side up (use wooden spoons!); return it to oven for 35 minutes more. (Time based on chicken size, internal temp should be ~180°, juices should run clear).
- 10Continue baking if necessary.
- 11Let chicken cool for a 15 minutes before carving.
- 12Serve with juices.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Already Married Chicken (Modified Engagement Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.8
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 152.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 39.0 g