Recipe by Nursebarb
As a single working mother of three growing boys, I was always looking for good "make ahead" recipes.. I found this one and it was a winner. A lot of times, I would make it the night before and call the boys to "slice and bake" so it would be ready when I got home..The recipe calls for CheezWhiz for the cheese spread. Recipe prep time does not include rice preparation or chill time.(you can use leftover rice)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 (8 ounce) jar cheese spread
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat, crumbs, 1/2 of the CheezWhiz, egg and salt and mix lightly.
- Pat out meat mix to cover a 12 x 10 inch rectangle of foil.
- Combine remaining CheezWhiz, parsley and rice.
- Spread rice mixture over meat.
- Roll up meat, starting at narrow end.
- Wrap securely and refrigerate several hours.
- When ready to cook, slice into 8 slices.
- Place slices on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until meat is done.