Recipe by abloom69
This recipe was featured in the Las Vegas Review Journal after the restaurant closed. For when you're feeling more like cooking, this chicken soup is a little different. I'm sure you can omit MSG if you want.
Top Review by Kimmarie1966
Yes! This is exactly what I was looking for. I grew up in Vegas and ate at the Alpine Village often enough to know that it had the best soup. I didn't use the Accent, and the soup still came out just like I remembered. If you're a messy cook like me and you're going to use a blender for a smooth texter, start the blender, with the lid on, and then add the soup through the hole in the top of the lid, blending a couple cups of soup at a time. This made it easier and a lot less mess in the kitchen. Thank you for posting the recipe!
- 2 quarts water
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 1 lb ground chicken, cooked
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 3 -4 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare, boil all soup ingredients together for about 30 minutes.
- To prepare the roux, heat the vegetable oil until smoking. Add the flour and stir with a wire whisk. The oil and flour roux should be the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Add the roux to the soup and use the wire whisk to blend. Serve hot and enjoy.
- Puree in blender for a creamier texture.