Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was featured in the Las Vegas Review Journal after the restaurant closed. For when you're feeling more like cooking, this chicken soup is a little different. I'm sure you can omit MSG if you want.
- 2 quarts water
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 1 lb ground chicken, cooked
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 3 -4 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- To prepare, boil all soup ingredients together for about 30 minutes.
- To prepare the roux, heat the vegetable oil until smoking. Add the flour and stir with a wire whisk. The oil and flour roux should be the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Add the roux to the soup and use the wire whisk to blend. Serve hot and enjoy.
- Puree in blender for a creamier texture.
Yes! This is exactly what I was looking for. I grew up in Vegas and ate at the Alpine Village often enough to know that it had the best soup. I didn't use the Accent, and the soup still came out just like I remembered. If you're a messy cook like me and you're going to use a blender for a smooth texter, start the blender, with the lid on, and then add the soup through the hole in the top of the lid, blending a couple cups of soup at a time. This made it easier and a lot less mess in the kitchen. Thank you for posting the recipe!
I grew up on this soup and their spiced up cottage cheese is a delicious combinatorial to die for. This soup alone has probably saved my life on countless times. I'm always cooking it up at least once a month at two gallons a batch, it's never lasted more than three day. Everybody that's ever tried this soup has loved. Try to double the carrots if you prefer a sweeter soups, and more garlic for those stubborn colds or flu bug. I personally favor the ground dark chicken meat for a richer taste of chicken soup. Give it a try, it's so simple and fast to whip out a batch in no time. It's at peek floor after being refrigerated over night. And for the experimental try some potatoes and a stalk of celery, all finely chopped and of equal size. Enjoy you kitchen time and this wonderful soup that became world famous by the rat pack of lasVegas.