Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey or 4 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups toasted bread, cubes
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced kraft natural swiss cheese, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour into a greased baking casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, for 10 minutes at 350.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 25-30 minutes, or until cheese melts but does not burn.
- If you don't like your celery"crunchy" you'd want to brown it in some butter beforehand and then continue with recipe.
A great use for leftover roasted chicken. It's like a warm chicken salad. I made this as written but used mayonnaise (with a little vinegar and sugar mixed in) in place of the Miracle Whip. I loved the swiss cheese and almonds. Thanx for posting this!
This was easy and yummy--it went over especially well with the nine-year old. I used regular mayonnaise and grated part of a block of swiss cheese--next time, I'll make strips and use another few ounces so it's a bit cheesier. I also mixed in about a half cup of leftover turkey gravy. I liked the crunch of the tender but still crisp celery. I served this with cranberry sauce on the side but next time I might mix in dried cranberries, because the sweet-tart accent goes nicely with these flavors. And if I had leftover stuffing, I'd use that instead of the toasted bread cubes.