Recipe by House
Found in "Ways to Prepare Meat". The Worcestershire sauce was what got me interested in this recipe.
- 2 lbs thick slice round steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Slash the meat at intervals to prevent curling.
- Brown the meat in some melted butter in a frypan.
- Reduce the heat and add onion slices. Cook until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and season to taste.
- Cover tightly and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until the steak is tender.
- Serve on a plate and pour the sauce over the slice to serve.