Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I got this out of a small cookbook put out by the local courthouse employees. It's a great Idaho potato dish!
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- In saucepan, cook and stir butter and soup until smooth.
- Remove from heat; add sour cream.
- Add onions, celery, and cheese; mix well.
- Add salt, pepper and diced potatoes; mix well.
- Pour into 9x13 baking pan; top with potato chips.
- Bake at 350* for 45-55 minutes.
This is a great way to serve potatoes! I had 4 cups of new red potatoes, cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic, and used seasoned bread crumbs with Asiago cheese grated in to them. Can't wait to eat the leftovers!! Thanks, Carole
these spuds are quite tasty. next time i make these i'm going to try adding diced ham and serve it as an entree. thank for the recipe
This one is a keeper, very nice taste and very creamy.