Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A sweet fruit omelet brom the Romansh district.
Make and share this Alpine Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces fruit, dried bits
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 tablespoons white flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 dash nutmeg
- In a small bowl, soark fruit bits in the water and lemon juice for several hours or overnight. Drain fruit and reserve liquid.
- In a small pan, melt 1 tablespoon margarine over medium-high heat. Add cornstarch, stirring quickly. Stir in honey and the water from the fruit. Stir until the mixture is thick and smooth. Add fruit and simmer on low heat while making the omelet.
- In a large bowl, whip together flour, eggs, half and half, and nutmeg until frothy. Cover bowl with a towel and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Remove and whip mixture once more.
- Turn heat to medium high under a large frying pan. Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of margarine and add egg mixture. Cover, turn heat to low, and cook for 7 to 8 minuntes- until omelet is light brown on the bottom.
- With a wooden spoon, break the omelet into bite sized pieces and turn them over. Turn heat off and allow egg mixture to beome firm on the bottom.
- Serve with fruit mixture.
- Note: Soaking and refrigeration time not included in prep or cooking time.
Oh yum, this was great, I made as directed only used yoghurt in place of cream. The fruit topping was gorgeous and this made for a lovely breakfast treat. Thanks for posting!