Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
From betty crocker. I have a serious love of mint and chocolate together! This is is so good!
Top Review by weekend cooker
MMMMMMMmmmmmm. DS and I reallty enjoyed this. A real soothing drink that hit the spot on a cool, damp day. Just dont walk away while cooking you have to keep an eye on the baking chips, no problem here., but they do cook quickly. Made for PRMR tag.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 cups milk
- 3 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- candy canes or crushed hard peppermint candy, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In chilled small bowl, mix whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk just to simmering over medium-low heat - do not boil. Reduce heat to low. Add baking chips; stir constantly with wire whisk until melted and smooth. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Pour hot chocolate into cups or mugs. Top each serving with whipped cream. Garnish with candy cane for stirring, or sprinkle with crushed candies
- Melt white vanilla baking chips carefully. They burn easily, so be sure to cook over low heat, and stir constantly.
- Use 1/3 cup peppermint schnapps for the 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract in the hot chocolate to make a delicious adult drink.