Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From the old TSR Recipe boards
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 cups broccoli stems
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 lbs chicken cutlets (cleaned)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, diced or 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Mix together the seasoning mix ingreds and set aside for now.
- Layer the following in order in Crock pot: Canadian Bacon, broccoli, celery, onion and pour water over top.
- Lay half the chicken in, sprinkle with half the seasoning mix, then rest of chicken and remainder of the seasoning mix.
- Mix soup and flour and pour evenly over chicken.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or low for 5 to 7 hours (when chicken juices run clear and veggies are tender.) Spread cooked noodles in a 2 to 2 1/2 qt broiler proof dish.
- Arrange chicken over noodles.
- Mix sauce with veggies and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with pimentos and Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 6 inches from heat for six to eight minutes or until lightly browned.
Made this last night for DH. It was a lot of prep work shich I'm not used to with Crock Pot recipes, but the result was very good. I think 2 hours on high is to long, my chicken was a little dry. Will surely make this again.