Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Very good when it's cold, I really like the flavours and how they meld.
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 ounces diced Canadian bacon
- 2 carrots (thinly sliced,, (up to 3)
- 1 celery rib (thinly sliced,, (up to 2)
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced )
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles (cooked, drained)
- In a small bowl, mix bouillon granules, chopped parsley, and poultry seasoning; set aside.
- Layer in a slow cooker, in order. Canadian bacon, carrots, celery and onion.
- Add water. Remove skin, if desired, and excess fat from chicken; rinse and pat dry.
- Place meat in slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the reserved seasoning mixture.
- Top with remaining chicken and sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture.
- Stir soup and flour together; spoon over top. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.