Recipe by Amber Dawn
5 points Recipe says "don't forget to add points for noodles" -- they will be included in nutritional summary
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 ounces diced Canadian bacon
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced (up to 3)
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced (up to 2)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix bouillon granules, chopped parsley, and poultry seasoning; set aside. Layer in a slow cooker, in order. Canadian bacon, carrots, celery and onion. Add water. Remove skin, if desired, and excess fat from chicken; rinse and pat dry. Place meat in slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the reserved seasoning mixture. Top with remaining chicken and sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Stir soup and flour together; spoon over top. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender and juices from chicken run clean and vegetables are tender.
- Spread cooked noodles in a shallow 2 or 2 1/2 quart broiler proof serving dish. Arrange chicken on noodles. Stir soup mixture and vegetables until combined. Spoon vegetables and some of the liquid over chicken.
- Sprinkle with pimento and Parmesan cheese. Broil 6 inches from heat source for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.