Recipe by cadagelyn2006
This is from my french next door neighbour. My family eats this with everything--pork chops, toast, hamburgers and everything else--it's great.
- 5 large cucumbers, ground (in meat grinder)
- 8 large green tomatoes, ground (in meat grinder)
- 8 large onions, ground (in meat grinder)
- 2 heads cauliflower, ground (in meat grinder)
- 4 green bell peppers, chopped fine
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped fine
- 1 cup coarse salt
- 6 cups brown sugar
- 6 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 6 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first seven, add 1 cup of course salt let stand over night, next day squeeze juice out and put vegetables aside.
- In a big pot place brown sugar,mustard seed, celery seed & turmeric. Make a paste of flour, dry mustard and vinegar; mix well then pour over sugar mixture and boil until thick.
- Add vegetables to sauce & cook 1/2 hour or more, stirring often.
- Will keep for up to 3 years in sterile jars sealed shut.