Recipe by Sonya01
Get the kids in the kitchen this Saturday and help them make these alphabet pikelets. They'll love 'em!
Top Review by Um Safia
Made & reviewed for Kids Forum 'Recipe of The Week'. My 6 year old son had a lot of fun making these at the weekend with me. I have an almost identical recipe which uses dried fruit but DS said he prefers this recipe without the fruit! Thanks Sonya for a fun weekend breakfast :)
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 310 ml milk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- olive oil flavored cooking spray, to grease
- strawberry jam, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together the milk and egg in a jug. Pour into the flour mixture and whisk until a smooth batter forms. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over low heat. Lightly spray with olive oil spray to grease. Spoon half the batter into a small plastic bag. Cut 1 corner off bag and pipe four 8cm letters into pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for a further 1 minute or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack. Repeat, in 8 more batches, with remaining batter, reheating pan between batches. Serve with jam.