Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A quick soup to throw together with items that you have on hand.
- 1⁄2 lb sirloin steaks or 1⁄2 lb already cut boneless beef cube
- 16 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- Cut meat into bite size cubes.
- Combine meat, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, bouillon, and vegetables in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Before serving, turn crockpot to high and add alphabet noodles.
- Cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes or until the noodles are fully cooked.
I also used ground beef. This was sooooo good! My 2 year old ate is all up and asked for more! I even took some to my neighbor to try. She loved it and wants the recipe. Its so good on a cold day. Thanks for posting!
This is good, quick and easy! Instead of sirloin, I browned lean ground beef, added it to the crockpot and skimmed fat from top of soup as it cooked. My 3 year old loved it as well. Thanks for posting, great recipe!
I used burger as that is what I had pulled and used a can of italian tomatoes and a can of tomatoes with green pepper and onion. I also used two cans of beef broth and still added two bouillon cubes as I thought it needed it. I really enjoyed the soup.