- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄3 cup alphabet pasta (or other small pasta)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat oil. Season meat with pepper and add to the pan. Cook over high heat, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth, Italian seasoning, frozen vegetables, pasta and 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium, and cook uncovered until pasta and vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and cheese and serve.