Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
YUM! These appetizers are great for a Cinco de Mayo celebration! They are very easy, delicious and healthy!
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package Alouette spinach artichoke spreadable cheese
- 1 whole avocado, meat removed and lightly mashed with fork
- 4 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 16 slices turkey breast
- 16 pieces of canned or bottled roasted red peppers
- 1 large red onion, diced in small pieces
- 30 toothpicks
- Mix Alouette® Spinach Artichoke Spreadable Cheese and avocado together to create a smooth paste.
- Evenly spread a layer of paste to cover each tortilla.
- Cover each tortilla with 4 slices of turkey breast.
- Place 4 roasted red pepper filets on top of turkey slices.
- Evenly divide small diced onion over entire length of tortillas.
- Roll each tortilla jelly-roll style and secure with toothpicks at ¾ inch intervals and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and slice into ¾ inch pinwheels.
- For a colorful touch use Sundried Tomato and Spinach Flour Tortillas.
These are super easy and pretty good! Loved the avocado, red onion, and roasted red peppers! My store did not carry the Alouette product listed, so I substituted Kraft Philadelphia's spreadable Spinach & Artichoke cream cheese. Thanks, CJ Alouette! Made for PAC Fall 2009.
I LOVE this recipe. It was easy, fun and attractive. Served it at a labor day party as an appetizer and everyone loved it. I jused the spinach tortillas and one regular flour for an added color mix. Used the sundried tomatoes inside and added pepporcini peppers. They were creamy with just the right spice to them and not a one was left. Thanks so much for a great recipe that I'll be using again and again.