Recipe by Corrinne J
YUM! These appetizers are great for a Cinco de Mayo celebration! They are very easy, delicious and healthy!
Top Review by mersaydees
These are super easy and pretty good! Loved the avocado, red onion, and roasted red peppers! My store did not carry the Alouette product listed, so I substituted Kraft Philadelphia's spreadable Spinach & Artichoke cream cheese. Thanks, CJ Alouette! Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package Alouette spinach artichoke spreadable cheese
- 1 whole avocado, meat removed and lightly mashed with fork
- 4 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 16 slices turkey breast
- 16 pieces of canned or bottled roasted red peppers
- 1 large red onion, diced in small pieces
- 30 toothpicks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Alouette® Spinach Artichoke Spreadable Cheese and avocado together to create a smooth paste.
- Evenly spread a layer of paste to cover each tortilla.
- Cover each tortilla with 4 slices of turkey breast.
- Place 4 roasted red pepper filets on top of turkey slices.
- Evenly divide small diced onion over entire length of tortillas.
- Roll each tortilla jelly-roll style and secure with toothpicks at ¾ inch intervals and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and slice into ¾ inch pinwheels.
- For a colorful touch use Sundried Tomato and Spinach Flour Tortillas.