Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Stuffed Tomatoes is a great way to kick-off the spring months. The creamy light garlic & herbs cheese with spinach and artichokes and the fresh tomato is perfect for a warm afternoon!
- 3 large firm tomatoes
- 6 ounces artichokes, hearts
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or 2 tablespoons alouette creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1.5 (6 1/2 ounce) containersalouette light garlic & herbs soft spreadable cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb, dried
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes in half down the stem side
- Cut out stems and scoop out all pulp and seeds.
- Dry inside and out with paper towels.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper into each half.
- Drain and chop artichoke hearts.
- Squeeze all moisture from chopped spinach.
- Chop green onions.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped ingredients with Alouette Soft Spreadable Cheese, sour cream (or Alouette Crème Fraiche if using), oregano, and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix well and stuff each tomato half heaping full.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Place tomato halves in a foil pan and place in oven and cook till stuffing is completely hot or until done to your liking. Do not over cook.
- Tomatoes should be still somewhat firm to the touch so they don't fall apart after cooking.