Recipe by Corrinne J
This recipe is really easy and great for a quick week-night dinner or lovely appetizer! The cheese adds a flavor of gourmet with a unique touch.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 cup store bought traditional marinara sauce
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) packagealouette spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs (or Alouette Sundried Tomato & Basil, or Alouette Garlic, or Alouette Peppercorn Parmesan.)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- Sauté mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked and onions are translucent.
- Add black olives and garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Split French bread lengthwise and place onto a baking sheet.
- Layer equal amounts of Alouette followed by marinara and vegetables. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until hot and golden brown.
- Cut into 6 large French bread pizza slices and serve.
- Tip: omit mushrooms and olives, and replace with hot and spicy crumbled sausage and sliced pepperoni.