1/1 Photo of Alouette French Bread Pizza
Corrinne J's Note:
This recipe is really easy and great for a quick week-night dinner or lovely appetizer! The cheese adds a flavor of gourmet with a unique touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 cup store bought traditional marinara sauce
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package alouette spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs (or Alouette Sundried Tomato & Basil, or Alouette Garlic, or Alouette Peppercorn Parmesan.)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- 3Sauté mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked and onions are translucent.
- 4Add black olives and garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Split French bread lengthwise and place onto a baking sheet.
- 7Layer equal amounts of Alouette followed by marinara and vegetables. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- 8Bake for 25 minutes or until hot and golden brown.
- 9Cut into 6 large French bread pizza slices and serve.
- 10Tip: omit mushrooms and olives, and replace with hot and spicy crumbled sausage and sliced pepperoni.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alouette French Bread Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.0
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 906.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs