1/1 Photo of Alouette Cheese and Apple Galette Recipe
1 hr 20 mins
Corrinne J's Note:
Traditionally, a Galette in the French culture is a flat cake or a large cookie. This is great for Autumn and great to serve during the holidays. Sweet and Savory!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400º F.
- 2Place piecrust on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- 3Spread Alouette Cheese in center of piecrust to within 2 inches of edge.
- 4Peel, core and thinly slice apples and arrange in a spiral pattern on top of the cheese.
- 5Combine pecans and brown sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of apples. Top with 3 tablespoons of the butter cut into small pieces.
- 6Fold up the 2 inch edge of piecrust over the apples easing in the extra dough. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon of butter; brush on folded edge of pie crust.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes at 400º F. Reduce oven temperature to 350º F and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until crust is golden and apples are tender.
- 8Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alouette Cheese and Apple Galette Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.6
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 294.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g