Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Traditionally, a Galette in the French culture is a flat cake or a large cookie. This is great for Autumn and great to serve during the holidays. Sweet and Savory!
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) packagealouette creamy onion & shallot spreadable cheese
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened
- 2 medium tart apples, Granny Smith
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Pre-heat oven to 400º F.
- Place piecrust on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Spread Alouette Cheese in center of piecrust to within 2 inches of edge.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples and arrange in a spiral pattern on top of the cheese.
- Combine pecans and brown sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of apples. Top with 3 tablespoons of the butter cut into small pieces.
- Fold up the 2 inch edge of piecrust over the apples easing in the extra dough. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon of butter; brush on folded edge of pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400º F. Reduce oven temperature to 350º F and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until crust is golden and apples are tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.