Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a lovely appetizer for summer time!
Make and share this Alouette Bacon Wrapped Scallops and Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) packagealouette peppercorn parmesan cheese or 1 (6 1/2 ounce) packagealouette garlic & herbs spreadable cheese
- 24 slices bacon
- 12 large sea scallops
- 12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions or 3 tablespoons chives
- 24 toothpicks
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Fry bacon strips on each side for 1 minute until almost crisp, but still pliable.
- Set aside onto a paper towel. Drain grease from pan.
- In the same sauté pan over medium-high heat, sear scallops on both sides for 2 ½-3 minutes until caramelized on top, or opaque. Set aside.
- Sauté the shrimp in a sauté pan over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread each bacon strip with 1/2 tablespoons of Alouette.
- Wrap the Alouette covered bacon around the side of the scallop.
- Skewer with a toothpick and arrange on a platter. Wrap each shrimp also with the Alouette covered bacon and skewer with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle with chopped scallions.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was exactly what I expected: a little piece of heaven in my mouth. It was simple to make, yet very impressive to the guests. Thank you for sharing. Made for 2009 Fall PAC.