Recipe by Wish I Could Cook
Impressive and delicious appetizer that with a little pre-work assembles quickly just before guests arrive. Sure to impress with both flavor and presentation!
Top Review by Rita~
A delicious appie. Very quick to put together. I did slice the pear paper thin instead of chopped.
I toasted the bread then spread the chocolate wine sauce on the bread topped with a slice of pear then cheese, placed the almond slices right on the brie and popped into the oven under the broiler so no need the pan toast first. I did add the allspice to the wine sauce. Thanks! Made for Veggie tag.
- 13 1⁄4 ounces brie round
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 pears, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 baguette
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wine and sugar in saucepan and reduce over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cut baguette into 40 thin slices. Brush both sides with olive oil and broil until golden on both sides. Cool.
- Cut brie into 4 quarters. Cut each quarter into 10 slices. Lay slices on chilled plate.
- In small skillet, toss almonds until golden brown. Remove from heat and toss with allspice.
- Place baguette rounds on cookie sheet.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate wine sauce on each slice.
- Divide minced pear evenly among the slices.
- Lay a slice of brie on top of each "crouton.".
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Heat in 350 degree oven for five minutes.