Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found a version of this recipe when looking for an artichoke salad to include with our traditional Christmas antipasta (I was too cheap to pay for the grocery store's ready-made version.) Holy cow is this good! So good that I make it throughout the year now. Wowza!
- 1 lb medium mushroom
- boiling salt water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can artichoke hearts in brine
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion, including tops
- 1 (2 ounce) jar green olives, drained and sliced
- 1 tablespoon roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Wipe mushrooms with moist paper towel to clean.
- Trim and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Drop into boiling, salted water. Boil 3 minutes, drain and place in bowl.
- Add artichokes, including brine, to mushrooms.
- Stir in onions, olives and red pepper.
- Combine oil, vinegar, sherry, salt, oregano, pepper until well blended.
- Cover and let sit at least 4 hours in refrigerator. Stir once an hour to ensure even absorbtion.
Pretty good! I think when I make again I will mix in some Romaine.