Recipe by Alotizzip73
I parsed this together after tasting something like it on a buffet at a small "mamma & pappa" restaraunt in town. I don't have a formal recipe and have no doubt that I use varying amounts of everything each time I make it. The amount of artichoke brine and lemon juice used are completely up to the dish's audience- sometimes you're feeling sour, sometimes you're not!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can artichoke hearts, in brine
- 2 tablespoons small capers
- 3 -4 white potatoes, peeled
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 5 -6 white mushrooms, slicked thinly
- 1 lemon, halved
- olive oil
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- gray sea salt, to taste
- pecorino romano cheese, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken breasts into strips and litely brown in olive oil along with garlic and sea salt.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise and then slice thinly. Add to pan and allow to soften a bit. Add more oil if necessary to prevent ingredients from sticking.
- Cut artichoke hearts into desired size and add to pan along with desire amount of brine.
- Add mushrooms and capers.
- Cover and let simmer until chicken is done and potatoes are almost soft.
- Squeeze lemon juice over all, then slice thinly and add to pan.
- Cover and simmer another 5 minutes or until potatoes are desired consistency.
- Crack pepper over all, sprinkle with cheese, and serve immediately.