This is a fantastic way to get your pasta fix without sticking to the norm. It's got sharp flavored ingredients that appeal very much to me. Of course, add/subtract/substitute where you see fit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened
- 1/2 cup seasoned fine breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons romano cheese, finely grated
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, with juice
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 15 -20 kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- 1 tablespoon petite capers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta, al dente
- olive oil
- 1Stir together breadcrumbs and Romano cheese.
- 2Pound chicken breasts to 1/4" or so.
- 3Using large, deep-sided frying pan, heat olive oil. Don't allow to smoke as you'll need it for moisture in the sauce.
- 4Add thinly sliced garlic and begin to soften and flavor the oil.
- 5Rinse chicken with tap water, then dredge through breadcrumb/cheese mixture. Use fingers to mash mixture onto chicken so that every surface is breaded and all of mixture is used.
- 6Fry breasts 'til lightly browned (no more pink juices) and remove to a plate. Keep warm. Add additional oil as needed- it's good for you!
- 7To garlicky pan, add tomatoes- with juice- vinegar, olives, basil, and pepper flakes. Scrape free any bits from bottom of pan and bring to low simmer.
- 8Plate each chicken breast, scoop a mound of noodles onto the side and smother with some sauce.
- 9Sprinkle with more Romano cheese and serve immediately.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alotizzip Chicken Romano
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.8
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 175.2 mg
- Sodium 758.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 49.7 g