1 hr 5 mins
This is a recipe passed down from my maternal grandmother, Gilda. She got it from the ladies living in the Polish section of her little home town in PA. It's cheap, relatively nutritious and makes enough for multiple lunches throughout the week. A good budget stretcher!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain if necessary.
- 2Add all veggies, tomatoes, seasonings- except salt & pepper- and enough water to cover everything.
- 3Simmer 'til veggies are desired tendency- add water as desired if it evaporates during the process.
- 4Add rice and simmer again 'til rice is cooked.
- 5Salt and pepper as necessary.
- 6Serve with ramano cheese or hot sauce (my partner's addition).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alotizzip Cabbage & Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.7 mg
- Sodium 643.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 15.4 g