Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe passed down from my maternal grandmother, Gilda. She got it from the ladies living in the Polish section of her little home town in PA. It's cheap, relatively nutritious and makes enough for multiple lunches throughout the week. A good budget stretcher!
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain if necessary.
- Add all veggies, tomatoes, seasonings- except salt & pepper- and enough water to cover everything.
- Simmer 'til veggies are desired tendency- add water as desired if it evaporates during the process.
- Add rice and simmer again 'til rice is cooked.
- Salt and pepper as necessary.
- Serve with ramano cheese or hot sauce (my partner's addition).