Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an altered version of Cabbage Casserole. After all the changes I made I realized that this is a completely different recipe so I decided to post it. I wanted to get the same taste that you would get with Aloopsies or Cabbage rolls and I think I was able to do that with this recipe. I really like Aloopsies but, they are a lot of work and take time to make...this is a quick and simple way to get the same great taste without the all the time and effort!!
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While the rice is cooking, brown the beef and onion together.
- When beef and rice are done mix them together along with the kielbasa sausage.
- In a separate bowl mix the coleslaw and sauerkraut together; place on the bottom of a greased 9X13" baking dish.
- Spread the meat and rice mixture over the coleslaw and top with the tomato soup.
- Cover and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
This is a great recipe!!! It has a different flavor from the tomato soup than the aloopsies that I remember. My two girls even ate most of theirs, but I don't expect them to help with the leftovers. It is even good reheated. It had great flavor. Thanks for posting!!!