Recipe by Dhruva
This is a most popular dish in Nepal where people like to have it with Rice.This bamboo shoots dish is very popular and prepared in differnt styles .
- 1 cup bamboo shoot
- 1⁄2 cup black-eyed peas
- 1 medium potato
- 2 pieces tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 piece gingerroot
- 1 green chili
- 50 g corn oil
Directions See How It's Made
- first of all let the black eyed beans shoke in water for overnight.
- cut potato in small slices.
- wash and cut bamboo shoots in slice/cubes (any way you like).
- in a large sauce pan put oil and let it heat for a while.
- add chopped onion and green chilli fry till it turns brown.
- add finely chopped ginger, termaric,cumin powder and chopped tomato.
- add little water so that that it doesn't stick on the pan.
- now add black eyed beans fry for 5 minute.
- add cut potato and fry another 5 minute put 1/2 cup water and simmer it.
- Now add bamboo shoots and 1 cup water cover it and let it simmer for another 10 minute.
- garnish it with cilantro and chopped tomato.
- serve hot with Rice.