Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
You can peel the potatoes or leave the skins on in this recipe. I think the skins add something to the flavour and texture of this dish.
- 3 tablespoons ghee or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 potatoes, medium-size (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups water
- salt (to taste)
- Heat oil. Add the potatoes and cook for two minutes browning them on all sides.
- Stir in the green beans and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until they begin to brown and blister.
- Add the onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next add the garlic and stir well. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Mix in the curry powder and cook a few minutes unti the curry begins to release it's aromas.
- Add the broth and salt.
- Partly cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
This is a wonderful side dish. I make potatoes almost similar to this recipe but without beans, I love the addition of the beans. Very easy to make and great flavours! Thank you, WizzyTheStick, for sharing this wonderful recipe, definitely will be making it again!
Made this yesterday evening for my friends today~ I used red potatoes, vegetable broth, mixture of butter/ and oil, and added additional garlic. We had fresh beans from the garden, so this turned out perfectly. Make sure you add the garlic, tastes great!EDA~ de Roche' we just ate some leftovers, and cannot get over how wonderfully comforting, and satisfying this tastes. I love the curry taste, the onion, the garlic all of it. Thanks again!
Wonderful side dish. Great flavor, easy to toss together. We really enjoyed this. Thanks so much for a great recipe.